Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Christmas Season

It is that time of the year again,
When children hang stockings on Christmas Eve.
They wake up eagerly the next day,
As gifts from Santa Claus is what they all expect to receive.


Now that I have developed into (what I think of myself as) a mature adult,
I try to find the true meaning of the Christmas season every passing year.
For some people this is the season of the spirit of giving,
While for some, it is a time to be merry and have no fear.


Just as our professional and personal goals change year after year,
The reason for celebrating the Christmas season continues to evolve.
I am a bit confused on how to celebrate my first Christmas as a married man,
How I wish Santa, could come a bit early, and resolve the dilemma in which I am.

No comments: