Sunday, August 28, 2011

This one is for you, Sister.


Growing up as a kid involved a lot of fun,
As I had two siblings and I was their loved one.

My sister was quite elder to me and hence was very protective of me as a kid,
Hence, I felt like she was my second mom and about that, I am candid.

She being the eldest sibling and I the youngest, ninety-nine percent of the time we always got along,
Hence, whenever I had fights with my elder brother, I got all the support even if I was in the wrong. :-)

My sister used to experiment a lot in her recipes, and I enjoyed watching her cooking,
However, the best part was her recipes turned out good every time, about that I am not lying.

She got married when I had just completed my schooling,
So living a life without her presence at home, I started adapting.

At a time, when I was growing into adolescence and increased feelings for the opposite sex,
I missed my sister's presence, started lacking the confidence to interact with girls and at times was feeling like a wreck.

Someone did say that time is the best healer, and this definitely seemed the case,
As I grew into a man, everything in life started falling in place.

Now that I am married, and look at the way you have brought up your two kids,
I can only sense what you might be feeling, as to you more than a brother I was a kid.

I had just started scribbling few lines thinking about you on my writing pad,
Here I am thanking you SISTER, for all the good times we had.

2 comments:

Sunita Freeda Pais said...

Hey Cedric you were always the baby of our house. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. Feels good looking back over our childhood years :)..

Sam said...

I second that , Elder Sisters are always protective you will find even today when you are grown up there is the same concern that they have for you as they would have had when you were growing up.