Sunday, May 14, 2006

VISIT TO A SHRINE


Yesterday afternoon i happened to meet my building friend, Roshan D'souza. He asked me if i could accompany him to the SHRINE of DON BOSCO'S MADONNA at Matunga, with his family. It was his birthday today. I thought what better way to start a Sunday and hence replied in the affirmative.

My family always visits this shrine once a year. However for the last few years i have not been able to accompany them due to some or the other reason. A visit to this shrine was something i always liked as a kid. After attending mass at this shrine, we used to go to their office for some contribution to the church. I used to wait for this moment, as the person out here used to give a handful of chocolates to kids.

However now times have changed and i feel i have grown spiritually in the last 3 years or so. There were times before this, where in i questioned the presence of god. However now whenever i feel down in life or even when i achieve something, i don't forget to thank god. I feel he always has something for someone, and it is wrong on our part to question him when things don't work out.

I have a minus point where in i am unable to concentrate for long times when people talk. However the sermon at the mass was something that made me think. The priest started his sermon with how a movie was made. He said there were 3 golden words that a director said before commencing a shot, these included lights, camera, and action. He said without proper direction the movie would not be created that well. He tried relating this to our lives.

He said "What is our life without proper direction". This line made me really think. Parents and family members play an important role in nurturing kids in the right direction. I thank my parents for always giving me what i wanted and guiding me when i did something wrong. Today is International Mother's Day, and i thank my mother for everything she has been to me. I would like to end this article by mentioning the Jewish proverb that i read somewhere, "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers".

1 comment:

DenziL said...

I liked the last line..."God couldn't be everywhere... So he made mothers.."

And yep... I have seen people who go and attend masses just for the sake of it... Prayers are said without any feelings.. Its just recited by rote like a parrot... People attend the mass and then sin... Adultery... Drinking... Lying... The list goes on...

Follow what Jesus preached... Remove that hate from your hearts... Forgive your enemies... Remember what Jesus did on the cross..He forgave his crucifiers... Love one another as he loved us... What more can I say??? You know it all...